Halloween is a magical time of year for kids. They get to dress up and pretend to be someone (or something) else. They get loads of candy and they get to do fun things like pick pumpkins and go on hayrides. With all these activities, it’s important to teach your kids to be safe at Halloween as well.
Here are some safety tips you should take with your kiddos at Halloween:
- Teach your kids not to go in a stranger’s house or accept rides from people they don’t know.
- Trick or Treat in small groups.
- Check your child’s costume to make sure there is nothing inhibiting their visibility.
- Teach your kids road safety.
- Always dress your kids in reflective materials.
- Have older kids check in via phone at specific times.
- Plan the route ahead of time so you know where they will be trick or treating.
Halloween is also a great time to practice the 3 R’s (Responsibility, Respect, and Resilience)with your kids!
I have put together a Halloween Chart for all kids from ages 2-16. You can store on your phone or print out to make sure that your kids have a safe and fun Halloween!
Right click on the picture or below link to save your copy!